Sunday, February 17, 2008

a PASSION-ate weekend

So, this weekend was Passion08 in Dallas and the Lord totally grabbed the reigns of my life and said whoa!


These were the things I learned:

- Christians are usually weird when they need to fit in and fit in when they need to be "weird."

- There are people who are willing to risk their lives for the Lord, but won't wake up early tomorrow to pray.

- I need the Holy Spirit (something I have overlooked), and need to pray for it in order to do powerful things for the Lord.

- The Holy Spirit is better than having Jesus with me b/c it's God within me.

- Elijah was a man just like us.

- Church can't just be a huddle. We need to run some plays.

- God isn't going to put me in charge of any of His great plans if I cannot be faithful in the little things he has intrusted to me, such as prayer, fasting, studying the word, etc...

-If he is my Lord, there is no response to what he asks me to do outside of Yes, Lord.

-God isn't going to tell me the details of the plans he has for me. He is going to tell me about himself and if that's not good enough he will find someone else.

Something to think about:

Look at Christian living from a Biblical perspective. i.e. how would you and I live if we had never been to church and all we had was the Bible to tell us about the Lord and how we should live our lives? Would we live like we are living now?

What the Lord spoke to me:

- You are my daughter whom I love more than you will ever understand.

- You can still put to death your old self, even as a born again Christian, and renew your strength in me.

- I love you and have great plans for you.

Aftermath

I had an amazing day with the Lord today and didn't experience the typical "low" after a conference like Passion.

I am so excited to see what the Lord has planned for me in these coming days and how the Holy Spirit is going to take affect into my life.
For His glory.

2 comments:

gail said...

Suzi, I'm a mum of a college student and I always pray for Passion havin gbeen to 07 in Atlanta. I was so pleased to see what you had "learned " or been shown by God this weekend.
Gail (Australia)

B-Rack 2000 said...

Elijah was a man just like us

i am totally down with that. when he said that it cut to the core of me
saying why are you doing that?

but i think we all are 120 % now